We are almost officially in the winter season here in Arlington, but there is still time to schedule maintenance for your boiler. You may wonder why maintenance is so important for your heating in Arlington. There are several reasons as we’ll explain below, but in a nutshell, maintenance is a full tune-up for your boiler; a routine maintenance appointment is an in-depth inspection, cleaning and adjustment of your system, not just a simple once-over of your system. It’s recommended that you schedule your heating system for maintenance every 12 months, so if you are due for a maintenance appointment, contact Polar Bear Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc., today.
What Happens During Maintenance?
Here is a general overview of what happens during a routine maintenance appointment for your boiler:
- Inspect equipment for unsafe conditions
- Visually check equipment for deteriorated wiring and wiring connections
- Visually inspect electrical controls (contactors, relays, motor starters, phase monitors and timers) for deterioration and proper operation
- Measure and record equipment operating voltage and current
- Inspect and/or adjust burners for proper operation and efficiency
- Check fan belts and adjust belt tension
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Verify operation of safety controls
- Perform safety and performance testing
Benefits of Scheduling Maintenance
The benefits of a professional maintenance appointment can help achieve the following:
- Better energy efficiency – when a boiler carries the wear and tear from previous seasons into the next season, it can’t operate at the efficiency level it was made to operate at. The tune-up your boiler receives during a routine maintenance appointment allows your boiler to operate at its highest efficiency.
- Improved comfort – a boiler that isn’t well-maintained may have trouble achieving the temperature you’ve set on your thermostat. With routine maintenance, the system can operate optimally, keeping you warm and comfortable.
- Prevents repairs – the thorough inspection of the system allows the technician to detect existing and developing problems so you can get ahead of issues before they can blossom.
- Extends life of equipment – regular maintenance keeps your boiler in good working order, which helps reduce levels of wear and tear and premature aging.
The benefits of maintenance can last the entire winter season, so if you haven’t scheduled maintenance for your heating system yet, call us today!