Don’t leave your Washington DC home without heat this year. If you have a problem, call for emergency repair service from Polar Bear Air Conditioning & Heating to get your furnace back up and running. We are also available to discuss furnace replacement options with homeowners, in order to help them understand the cost-benefits to a new, energy-efficient unit. For more information, call us today.
If your furnace breaks down, call a pro. Furnaces are complex machines designed to be handled by trained technicians. Attempting to repair it yourself can be dangerous and may only increase the damage. Here are some common problems that can cause a furnace to break down:
- No power- Your furnace requires electricity to function. The system may have blown a fuse or tripped a circuit.
- Thermostat malfunction- Ensure that your thermostat is properly tuned to a warm temperature, but if it’s not responsive, it can sometimes indicate a problem with your thermostat calibration.
- Motor problem- The motor that powers your blower components may have worn out, or needs to be reset.
- Pilot light out- If your furnace is not igniting, your pilot light might be out. It is the small flame that allows the gas to ignite. You may have automatic electric ignition instead of a pilot, however, which requires its own diagnosis.
- Thermocouple fault- The thermocouple is an electronic device that senses the heat around your pilot light. If it senses that the air is too cold, it determines that your pilot is shut off and shuts off the supply valve. This is a safety measure, designed to protect you.
Whatever the reason for furnace breakdown, call in a heating professional. You should also make sure to enroll in maintenance plan for your new or repaired furnace. Not only will it give you the peace of mind of professional care, but it may also save you significant money on repairs in Washington DC. Polar Bear Air Conditioning & Heating is available for emergency and routine furnace repair services. Call us today!