The Washington metro area has some of the hottest summers in the country and Washingtonians know all too well how much it costs to keep cool during these scorching months. With air conditioning units that are up to 20% more efficient than older models, Washingtonians can enjoy lower cooling bills year-round while helping reduce energy use and our reliance on fossil fuels.
But you shouldn’t wait for summertime heat waves before upgrading their system – now’s the time! Need another reason to upgrade? You can save money by doing it.
Washington, D.C. offers a number of tax credits and rebates for energy-efficient appliances, including air conditioners. These incentives make it more affordable than ever to ditch your old, inefficient unit in favor of a high-efficiency model.
Benefits to Replacing Your Current AC Unit
If you’re like most people, your air conditioning system is one of the largest contributors to your monthly utility bill. That’s why it makes sense to upgrade to a newer, more efficient model. Here are three major benefits to upgrading your AC unit today:
- Lower cooling bills – A high SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating) model can save you up to 30% on your cooling bills, compared to a standard AC unit.
- Enhanced comfort – A newer AC unit will keep your home at a consistent temperature, ensuring that you’re always comfortable.
- Peace of mind – With a new AC unit, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your home will stay cool for years to come. At a certain point, an AC replacement is going to be more cost-effective and make your life a lot easier with each and every year. Don’t forget to weigh this benefit when looking at the future!
So don’t wait until the dog days of summer to upgrade your air conditioning system – do it today and enjoy lower cooling bills all season long!
How to Keep Your AC Running Strong
The greatest thing you can do to ensure your air conditioning system will last for years is to conduct a regular equipment maintenance program. This includes arranging for a professional service to come in and perform a comprehensive examination and a coil cleaning once a year.
The cost of this sort of service is quite reasonable, and it will save you a lot of money in the long run. It accomplishes this by keeping the overall efficiency of your system high while also reducing the need for repairs later on.
If you maintain your air conditioner in good working order, it will keep serving you for a long time.
Besides annual maintenance, here are a few other things you can do to keep your air conditioner in good working order.
- Clean out the vents every 1-2 months.
- Change filters regularly, about 2-3 times a year.
- Immediately call a technician, if your AC goes out or something seems wrong with it.
If you are unsure how old your current system is or you are ready to discuss AC replacement in Washington, DC, contact Polar Bear Air Conditioning & Heating Inc.